Thursday, August 16, 2007

Intro...

Welcome, Creatures of the Night, to the Blood Blog!

I just want to take a few moments to thank all the people who've helped put bloodredtales.com together:

John (Agent) Nelson for his indelible hard work, perseverance, enthusiasm, and priceless patience when I never seemed to run out of questions. He is a trooper. Thanks for karaoke night! (No, I didn't sing) The site wouldn't look nearly as attractive without your help.

Also, for Emily Katz, for taking picture after picture of me until we found one slightly less creepy than the others, and bringing me up into the world of digital cameras. Technology is wonderful thing!

To the artists, their contributions, kind replies, and the obvious enthusiasm they displayed wanting to be a part of this site. It meant the world to me. They made each story page a little more colorful, to say the least.

The stories here at BloodRedTales.com are only a handful in what is already a mountain of completed work behind me, invisible to the public eye, of course. (Hear that editors!) I like the stories I've chosen for this site, though, and I think it bodes well with the overall spectrum of what I like to write about. These stories have grown and been rewritten hundreds of times over the years, and I'm happy with how they turned out. Horror is my first and true love, and I return to her time and time again. I think these tales focus on my growth as a writer, where I've been, and where I hope I'm going. So, these stories are from me to you. Read them, let me know what you think. Tell your friends. And don't be afraid to drop me a line, or share your thoughts concerning modern horror, fine dining, your favorite NHL team, or bloodredtales.com in general.

With that said, I hope you enjoy the tales and keep coming back for more. There are always new dark things to write about, and the adventure getting there is half the fun.

Until then, my little underground dwellers, leave the lights on, keep the doors locked, make sure those windows are secure, and keep your toes all the way under the covers. Sometimes--in that cold, drafty darkness under the bed--you never know what may be lurking. The dark, after all, is only trying to teach us something. What that is...well...that's up to you...

Brandon

6 comments:

Charles Gramlich said...

I stopped in from Unified SciFi forums. I've only read a couple of your stories but these were well polished. I can't see anything wrong with the writing itself that could suggest why they haven't been accepted for publication. Good luck with your work. Some great art here as well.

Brandon said...

I just want to say thanks for taking the time to read some of my work. Your words were very encouraging. Like the bike, by the way...
Brandon

Gareth D Jones said...

Hi Brandon,

The print edition of Static Movement never came off with Steel Moon. From what I understand the editor's mother died and everything was put on hold. Months later, with no communication from Steel Moon, the Static Movement editor changed publishers and we heard no more from Steel Moon. The link on my blog doesn't go anywhere now, so I'm afraid I don't really know what became of them.

Best wishes for your writitng endeavours though.

Anonymous said...

Gareth, well Steel Moon didn't totally disappear, but close to it. My mother did die, but a brain stem stroke laid me low, and after a year, I am finally getting back on my feet, both figuratively and literally. Brandon's work is both polished and professional. I am rather surprised that at least some of it isn't sitting in mortar and brick right now.

NVENOM8 said...

I love the dark.I love the way it moves.I come alive when neon kills the sun.I'm hypnotized! Your site kicks ass.I'd love to see some of these stories inspire hollywood.I love horror and the big screen.Good luck and keep em' coming.

kendog69 said...

hey man I really liked the first three stories ill try to get to the others smoetime i really cant wait to read them im sure they'll be as good as the others