Tuesday, September 22, 2009

The Lost Works Of...

Rumor has it there's a Publish America book going around out there with my name on it. The title is My Little White Geraniums. Yes, that's me. It's an urban fantasy horror novel that got butchered by a POD publisher after I fell for a scam by a shoddy agent. Lost money, ruined book. Great combo, but lesson learned. I'm over it. It was funny because a year later was when all the scam articles came out: what to watch for, things like that. I was naive and wanted to believe at the time, so an acceptance was an acceptance. Anyway, I highly recommend staying away from it. It is poorly written and not worth the read. Besides, I rewrote the entire thing word for word, added a couple hundred more pages, and retitled it Snapdragon. When will this might epic be released at 250,000 words? That's a good question. Seems first time authors and large books don't mix very well. Anyway, that's the story behind it, but it as a true tale I sincerely love, and definitely a brighter side of me. Believe it or not, it has a happy ending, lots of them, in fact.

Also, for those who don't know, I will keep you posted on the updates of Donny's Day, a novella of mine that will be released in December 2009 by Damnation Books. If you like demons, this is the story for you. I'm partial to the little buggers myself. Anyway, that's the gist friends, and we'll see you next time. Leave the lights on, but only if you have to, my little crypt dwellers. Nighty-night.

No comments: